Our sister church is Shehawken, with whom we share ministers, parsonage, church services, and many church activities. On October 21, 1882, a committee was appointed by the Quarterly Conference as a “Building Committee” for building a church at Stanton Hill (now Shehawken). October 4, 1883, application for a charter was made by the trustees. This charter was granted on December 3, 1883 by Judge H. M. Seeley. The trustees were F. E. Kilpatrick, H.P. Stanton, Edgar Sanford, S.E. Stanton, and Irwin Starbird.
The land where the church was built was on the A.R. Dix Farm and deeded by him to Shehawken church as a gift. The schoolhouse occupied the spot where the church was built. Dan Buck of Starrucca moved the school, using levers instead of jacks to raise it, to the new site behind the church. The church was built under the supervision of H.P. Stanton, at a cost of $1650. It was dedicated on October 27, 1883.